The Keepers of the North Head Lighthouse and Washington State Parks invite the public to celebrate the 116th anniversary of the North Head Lighthouse in Cape Disappointment State Park on Saturday, June 7, from 11AM to 3PM.
June 7-8 is a “Free Day” at all Washington State Parks – no Discover Pass required in honor of National Trails Day. Parking near the lighthouse is limited. Additional parking will be available at the parking lot adjacent to Cape Disappointment Campground Store, the home of Serious Pizza, with a free shuttle service providing transportation to the lighthouse and back.
Come and enjoy refreshments, a self-guided tour of the Lighthouse Keepers home, live music from 1:00pm to 3:00pm, two bird sighting tours, museum exhibits, and even a gift shop. No Discovery Pass required! Tours of the lighthouse are $2.50 for adults, with children ages 7-17 free. Children must be at least 7 years old to take the tour of the lighthouse. Flip flops are not permitted to be worn on tours of the Lighthouse.
In addition to the Washington State Parks Free Day, it is also a Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife Free Fishing Weekend! Head for your favorite angling spot, no license required!
Events on the horizon:
– Saturday Market at the Port of Ilwaco – Saturdays, through September 27
– Summer Fest – Long Beach, Weekends through September 1
– Free Admission to WA State Parks – Statewide, June 7-8
– Washington State Parks Fishing Free Day – June 7-8
– Waikiki Beach Concert Series – Ilwaco, June 14
– Columbia Pacific Farmer’s Market – Long Beach, Fridays, June 14-October 11
– Garlic Festival – Ocean Park, June 15-16